Tuesday 21 January 2014

Perfect Swallowtail

Good morning!
I have another card made using up something I found whilst re-organising my craft room...


This gorgeous white and Iridescent Ice embossed butterfly has been sat on my desk for probably 6 months, poor thing! I decided it was time to use it, and I wanted colour, so I used a piece of sponge to gently sweep Perfect Plum over the butterfly. I then gently wiped the excess colour off the embossing to reveal the white. Isn't it pretty?


I stamped the background in Island Indigo using Gorgeous Grunge, but as I needed a softer look I stamped off the ink first. I finished with a sentiment from Express Yourself, stamped in Smoky Slate.

I am entering my card into a couple of challenges...
CCMC286



Stampin' Up! supplies used
Swallowtail Clear-Mount StampGorgeous GrungeExpress YourselfPerfect Plum Classic Stampin' PadSmoky Slate Classic Stampin' PadIsland Indigo Classic Stampin' PadIridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder - by Stampin' Up!White Stampin' Emboss Powder - by Stampin' Up!Stamping Sponges - by Stampin' Up!
Please click on the pictures to buy direct from my online store.

Do you remember that I got stuck in a lift at Ikea on Friday? Well, I had a phone call yesterday from the manager and he apologised most profusely, then by way of compensation, he is sending me and Jen a £100 gift card each! Now I still won't be getting in their lift any time soon, but I will be spending their money! That's my craft room paid for, thank you very much!

See you soon!



8 comments:

  1. Stunning! It is simple but so striking. That butterfly is gorgeous with the embossing and the touch of color. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty butterfly! Perfect for this challenge! Love how clean and simple it is! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Love the embossed butterfly and how you colored with the Perfect Plum! So soft and beautiful! What a great way to use this stamp! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizy, your card is just beautiful!! I love the way you softened the colors but it still has sparkle because of the embossing powder! So pretty! Thanks for joining us for the challenge this week @ Create With Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Lizy, lots of white space but so elegant! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my, this is BEAUTIFUL! I love the iridescent ice brings out the challenge colors nicely! Thanks for joining us in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! Love that beautiful butterfly and the simple elegance of your card! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful lizy.gorgeous design and i love your pretty butterfly ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today and for your valued comments!

Lizy x