Thursday 17 January 2013

Oh Mittens!

Good evening!
Ooooh it's snowing here! Normally I would be very excited by that, but it may put paid to plans I had this weekend :( Oh well, we shall see...

For now, here is a card using some of my newest goodies! I ummmed and ahhhed over getting this stamp and punch set, but knowing that it won't be available after January, I decided to just get it!


I'm sure you've seen it around, but I'm super glad I got it, even if I am a bit late lol!


Can you see the fab embossing? That is using the brand new Needlepoint Embossing folder from the new Spring/Summer Catalogue, out on February 1st! I used both folders, one on my DP, one on my sentiment.

This was again stamped using my Stampin' Write Markers to colour the stamp before stamping...my fave technique! I love the colours I've used too...unusual for Christmas. My colours were inspired by the challenge at Colour Throwdown this week.


Supplies used on this card
Cardstock - Whisper White
Designer Paper - Comfort Cafe
Markers - Melon Mambo, Pretty In Pink, Pumpkin Pie
Stamps - Make A Mitten, Petite Pairs
Embossing Folders - Needlepoint Border
Punch - Mitten Builder
Other - Whisper White Baker's Twine


If you would like me to order these or any Stampin' Up! products for delivery right to your door, (and get your freebies!) please don't hesitate to contact me on 07915 698577 or email me at lizyshouseofcards@mail.com 


And don't forget, you can always join my Stampers 6 club so you can spread the cost of your goodies and get a lovely parcel all to yourself each month!

Challenges

I think we might need a pair of these nice warm mittens tomorrow!
Night!

12 comments:

  1. Such a great card, Lizy! Love your choice of background paper and I love your little pair of mittens! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your colour combo Lizy and your mittens. I still haven't inked my set up yet, must use it soon. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Lizy! The colours work perfectly on the mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on a roll Lizy!! Thanks for the second entry - love the new needlepoint e/f's. Thanks for joining in the fun at A2CAS this week.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love those mittens, and it is great for a January card too, I think! Great layout choice too. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! I have a mitten stamp somewhere, I must dig it out! Thanks for sharing at Christmas Cards All Year Round. Isn't it fabulous to gather a stock of festive cards throughout the year! Good luck with the Challenge.Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Lizy, your mittens are so cute and I love the colours. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pretty mittens, Lizy! When I was a little girl wearing mittens, I would have dearly loved these! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mittens are so cute. Lovely card. Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS challenge.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the small and soft embossing looks great - fantastic detail!
    Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweet card, loving your mittens. Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to CAS during our Embossing challenge. Hope to see you again. Caz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today and for your valued comments!

Lizy x