Saturday 26 January 2013

Less Is More - Shrunken Butterflies!

Good morning!
Wow we got alot of snow in a very short space of time yesterday! I think this is where my obsession for a lot of white space is coming from just now lol!

This morning over at Less is More, the challenge is a sketch challenge, and here is what I made...


On Thursday night, Jen came round for a little crafting, and we were playing with stamping on Shrink Plastic. I made the gorgeous tiny little butterflies but wasn't sure what to do with them...then I saw this morning's sketch and it all kind of came together really quickly! 

The Sketch


close up of the butterflies

I really love these butterflies...they look so dainty! I think I will be doing this a lot in the future! One tip though, these work better if you stamp them using the markers...the pads seem to blur the image when it's shrunk. 
Also, because I used water based ink, I found I couldn't use liquid glue so I have used glue dots, which you can kind of see a discolouration on the close up photo, but not in real life!

Supplies needed for this card
Cardstock - Whisper White
Stamps - Papillon Pot Pourri, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Ink (markers) - Rich Razzleberry
DP - Sycamore Street (Sale-A-Bration)
Punch - Elegant Butterfly
EF - Honeycomb

Don't forget, if you would like to order any of the items I used, and receive free Sale-A-Bration items (shown below) for every £45 you spend, please do contact me on 07915 698577 or email me at lizyshouseofcards@mail.com

The items you could be getting for FREE!!
SYCAMORE STREET
Designer paper pack
127540
You get 12 double sided sheets of 12"x12" papers - perfect for boxes and bags, scrapbooking and cards! They even have embellishments to match...

SYCAMORE STREET
Ribbon and buttons pack
130812

VINE STREET
Embossing folder
130492

PETITE CURLY LABEL PUNCH
129405

HAPPY HELLO
Simply Sent kit
130149
It contains
• 8 printed die-cut cards (4printed with a 'hello' greeting, 4 blank)
• 8 printed custom die-cut envelopes (Daffodil Delight pattern on flap)
• 24 Daffodil Delight card stock sticker flowers
• 8 Basic Grey card stock sticker strips
• 8 pieces (45.7 cm) Basic Grey bakers twine - exclusive colour for this kit
• Self adhesive rhinestones

Or you can even choose any of these items from the annual catalogue for free too!
ITTY BITTY BANNERS
Stamp set132194-W / 132195 C


Or if you're new to Stampin' Up!, how about this fabulous starter cardstock pack?!

It really is such an incredible deal! I can't wait to place your order for you and get packing all these lush goodies off to you! :)

Hope to be chatting to you soon! :)

18 comments:

  1. Simply super and well done on being first this week and brave enough to use the shrink plastic too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and elagant card
    Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful Lizzy - those shrinky butterflies are divine!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. It looks so simple and elegant, yet the understated details are fantastic. The honeycomb embossing is really effective - I can't wait for my embossing folder to arrive! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lizy
    Love your card.....
    Gorgeous
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, simple but striking. I completely forgot about shrink plastic, I have some in my stash so will have to dig it out again very soon :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Lizy. I used the honeycomb folder too (don't you just love it?!!)

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet and elegant. Love the hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific card Lizy. I`ve had my shrink plastic for years and I`ve never used it, you just might have inspired me to have a go.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I have some of that shrink plastic, but don't believe I've ever used it...this is a really cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This isa fabulous card Lizy, one of your best I reckon!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. A super interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Lizy. I just love it.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card Lizy xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. love it hun... did wonder what you would use those butterflies for

    Thanks for Joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful CAS card and those butterflies are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today and for your valued comments!

Lizy x