Saturday 5 January 2013

Less Is More - Black, White and a teeny bit of colour!

Good Morning!
Happy new year to you all, especially Chrissie, Mandi, Jen and all you fabby LIMettes!

So this week, the challenge at Less Is More is Black, White and a hint of colour. This is what I came up with...


I wanted something simple and wanted to use a stamp set I haven't used yet. I stamped the quatrefoil onto paper first to soften the ink before staming onto my card. I used Cajun Craze. I usually use red or pink with B&W but I felt like a change!


I had originally made this as a one layer card but it just didn't look quite right so I cut the panel out and mounted onto a new card blank...I think it's much more effective.


Supplies used:
Stamps - Summer Silhouettes, Petite Pairs
Ink - Basic Black, Cajun Craze
Pearls from stash

If you would like me to order any Stampin' Up! products for delivery right to your door, (and get your freebies) please don't hesitate to contact me on 07915 698577 or email me at lizyshouseofcards@mail.com

Ok best get to work!
Thanks for stopping by...see you soon!

15 comments:

  1. This is an interesting colour combo Lizy and one that I wouldn't have thought of, but it works well.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and well done on being first to participate this year!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colour combo hun

    jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card , and a happy new year to you
    Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card Lizy, Happy New Year too. hugs Viv xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card, Lizzy, love the clean look! So happy to have you visit my blog and even happier that I can give you inspiration. We are having winter months so it is gray this week, but I guess even that can be inspiration! We'll see this week! Have a wonderful New Year, the new SU stuff is awesome! I am enjoying using it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really elegant sympathy card! Love the trellis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that quatrefoil stamp, what a fab card.
    Happy New Year
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The trellis works really well with the shape of the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely elegant card xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous, love the design.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice card. I like the layout!

    Kindly regards, Hillie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card - I like this set too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like earthy colours with black and white and this looks fab Lizy. Thanks for letting me know that the pattern stamp is actually called quatrefoil too - I learned something new today! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today and for your valued comments!

Lizy x