Sunday 6 January 2013

A card inspired by another!

Good evening all :)
I have a card here that I've made for the Colour Q challenge. As soon as I saw this colour combo, and the stunning card made by Sylvia, it inspired me to CASe her card. 
So here is my card...


A closer view


And here is Sylvia's card...
Blog-CQC-121a
Isn't it just stunning??

I used similar techniques to Sylvia too, including stamping and embossing my image before colouring with my Stampin' Up! markers. A little trick I discovered whilst colouring...if you don't have a watercolour blender pen, try spritzing a little water onto a tile or some acetate, and dip your coloured marker into the water before colouring. Then, as the water wears out, the colour gets deeper, so creating some shading.

Supplies used
Cardstock - Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Stamps - Elements Of Style
Markers - More Mustard, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red
Embossing Folders - Adorning Accents Folders, Perfect Polka Dots
Dies - Labels Collection Framelits, Adorning Accents Edglits
Other - Versamark Embossing Pad, Stampin' Emboss Powder; Clear

If you would like me to order any Stampin' Up! products for delivery right to your door, (and get your freebies) please don't hesitate to contact me on 07915 698577 or email me at lizyshouseofcards@mail.com
Thanks for popping on by...see you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Wow..this is so beautiful and elegant. Love it. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning Lizy - love those flowers! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Lizzy, beautiful CASE of my card! Your treatment of the stamps with water to the marker is lovely! To get my deeper color I actually apply the marker, no water many times to get the color darker. but your marbled look is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the colourQ. It is amazing how the same stamps may be used in so many different ways, different looks! Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, just so pretty, as are all your cards that I have been looking at. Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today and for your valued comments!

Lizy x